Evidence shows that earning a master’s degree will increase your salary over time. According to a recent Georgetown University study, you can earn an average of $17,000 more per year with a master’s over just a bachelor’s degree. Clearly, a graduate education pays you back significantly in your paycheck.
Even better, earning your master’s degree in many fields has never been easier today. There are many high quality online master’s programs in many specialities – and many of them do not require you to take the GRE for admission. Please keep reading to learn about the best online, no GRE master’s programs in many popular fields.
Easily request information from any of our Online ‘Featured Partner Schools‘ listed below for tuition, start dates and more. You can trust that we maintain strict editorial integrity in our writing and assessments of both Featured and Non-Featured Partner Schools.
Narrow by Field
- Biomedical Science
- Business Intelligence
- Criminal Justice
- Health Informatics
- Human Resources
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Marriage Family Therapy
- Mental Health/Wellness
- Public Health
- Public Policy & Administration
- Social Work
- Sports Management
- Public Relations
- Masters of Accounting – Kaplan University – Offers multiple specializations such as Audit, Finance, Government and Tax.
- Masters of Accounting – Liberty University – Ranked among top Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report in 2015. This 30–hour masters in accounting degree program can be completed in one to two years and may enable students to meet the 150 hours required to sit for the CPA exam.
- MS Accounting – Southern New Hampshire University – Specialize in Auditing, Forensic Accounting, Taxation or Finance.
- Master of Professional Accounting – West Texas A&M University — This online accounting program is ideal for students who want to become Certified Public Accountants. Students with a 3.0 GPA in undergraduate school can apply for a GMAT waiver. No GRE required.
- Master of Professional Accounting – University of Miami — Program is fully online; takes 16-20 months to graduate. GRE waiver is available for highly qualified professionals. Accredited by the AACSB.
- Master’s in Accounting – Maryville University — Study 100% online with no residencies required. Students can graduate in as few as 10 months. N GRE is required. Ranked as a top college by Forbes for three years in a row.
- Master of Science: Biomedical Sciences – Liberty University – This program will prepare you for admission to medical school, dental school, physician assistant school, and other advanced medical degree programs. Ranked among top Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Master of Science in Biomedical Diagnostics – Arizona State University — This is a fully online program that consists of 10 classes and 30 total credit hours. The program covers technology, science, business and application of diagnostics. Designed to be completed in one year.
- General Online MBA – Villanova University – Ranked #1 on the list of Best Regional Universities in the North in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- General Online MBA – Southern New Hampshire University – Accredited. 1+ Years Work Experience Required. Specialize in over 20 MBA concentrations.
- General Online MBA – Syracuse University – MBA@Syracuse is the top-ranked online Master of Business Administration from the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University. GRE Waiver available if 5+ years work experience is met.
- General Online MBA – Widner University – Founded in 1821 in Chester, Pennsylvania, Widener is nationally recognized for our commitment to civic engagement, service, and social responsibility.
- General Online MBA — Northcentral University – 21 specializations available with one accelerated schedule option available. Can be completed in 16 months. 10 courses total, 100% doctoral faculty.
- General Online MBA – Ohio Christian University – Ranked among the 2015 Best National Universities by U.S. News & World Report.
- General Online MBA – American Univ Kogod School of Business – Washington DC – American Univ Kogod School of Business has been educating business leaders since opening its doors in 1955 as Washington D.C.’s first university-level school of business.
- General Online MBA – University of Maryland at College Park – AACSB Accredited. Ranked among the Top 50 Schools for Entrepreneurship Programs in 2014 by The Princeton Review. 1+ Years Work Experience Required.
- General Online MBA – Abilene Christian University– AACSB Accredited. Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014. 1+ Years Work Experience Required. Specialize in Analytics, Information Technology Leadership, Marketing, Healthcare, Operations/Supply Chain.
- General Online MBA – Drexel University – Fully online format that allows students to graduate in 18-24 months. Ranked as a time 20 online MBA by Financial Times. AACSB accredited. May apply for a GRE waiver if you have at least three years of full time business work experience.
- General Online MBA — University of North Carolina – AACSB accredited, may be completed in 18-24 months. GRE waivers are available for students with at least seven years of professional, full time work experience. Record must reflect high level of analytical and quantitative skill.
- General Online MBA – Babson College – Cohort-based program that allows students to earn their degree in 21 months. Online courses take approximately 20 hours of class time and outside time per week. Most classes are recorded, but there are live sessions every seven weeks.
- MS Business Intelligence – Saint Joseph’s University – Our degree in Business Intelligence, teaches you how to interpret data using analysis tools and methodologies to inform your decision making—effectively putting technology, data and mathematical concepts into business context.
- MBA in Business Intelligence — Southern New Hampshire University — This MBA specialized in business intelligence provides business professionals with a wide point of view on data. Program can be completed in 24 months, 100% online.
- Master of Science in Business Data Analytics — Maryville University — 100% online master’s program with three start times per year. Features nine courses, capstone, and 30 credit hours. Rated as a Best Value degree program by Kiplinger’s magazine.
- Master’s in Business Analytics — American University — This two year, online master’s will prepare you to be an expert in data analysis. Incorporates data analysis best practices related to fiscal performance and operational effectiveness.
- Master of Science in Data Science — University of Wisconsin — 12 course, 36 credit master’s program that is fully online. Expert faculty and highly flexible course schedule. Same tuition for in state and out of state students.
- MA Communications – Southern New Hampshire University – This program has been newly designed for those pursuing a variety of exciting communication-related careers, including advertising, journalism, marketing, public relations and social media.
- Master of Arts: Strategic Communication – Liberty University – Stands as the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation with 100,000+ students. Courses will train you to critically analyze and apply communication theory based on best practices. Upon graduation, you will be able to conduct and present communication research using appropriate methods and scholarly writing.
- Master of Arts: Communication – Liberty University – This program offers a professional curriculum that emphasizes the principles and practices needed to succeed in the great variety of careers related to growing organizations in the digital communication age.
- Master of Arts: Addictions Counseling – Liberty University – This highly rated program provides you with the education and training required for certification and/or licensure as a substance abuse or addiction counselor.
- MS in Addictions Counseling – Grand Canyon University – This next-level masters in counseling degree program is designed to meet the needs of learners who wish to pursue a career as an addiction counseling professional.
- MS in Christian Counseling – Grand Canyon University – The program offers a strong foundation in biblical knowledge and theological wisdom, which can be applied in a client-driven counseling setting. This includes an exploration of spiritual health, growth and character development for the counselor in life and practice.
- M.S in Professional Counseling – Grand Canyon University – The curriculum offers an in-depth examination of counseling theories, chemical dependency, marriage and family, social and cultural issues, psychopharmacology, diagnostics, assessment and treatment, psychopathology, research methods, and more.
- MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Southern New Hampshire University – This online program offers a unique, competency-based curriculum designed to prepare you for a wide variety of clinical and administrative roles in clinical mental health counseling, with a focus on integrated community mental health and substance abuse treatment for adults, children, youth and families.
- Master’s in School Counseling — Alliant University — Designed for students who want to work in school counseling from pre-K to 12 schools. Clinical component is required at on-campus locations in California.
- Master of Clinical Mental Health Counseling — Lynn University — Master’s can be completed in two years; 1,000 hours of practicum and internship experience is required with community mental health agencies in your area.
- MS in Criminal Justice – Kaplan University – Offers multiple specializations such as Corrections, Global Issues, Law and Leadership.
- Master of Science: Criminal Justice – Liberty University – This program combines the strong master’s level foundational courses, ethics, and leadership education, students will prepare to take on the challenges of the criminal justice system.
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security – Keiser University Graduate School – The Masters in Criminal Justice degree program fosters independent learning and enables students to contribute intellectually to the areas of homeland security, border patrol and cyber security.
- MS in Criminal Justice – Saint Joseph’s University – The curriculum is designed to create scholar/practitioners – students who not only understand the latest research trends and administrative strategies in the Criminal Justice system, but are working professionals who can put those strategies into action. No. 11 Best Regional University in the North, No. 2 Best Colleges for Veterans. Specialize in Federal Law Enforcement, Behavior Analysis, Homeland Security or Intelligence & Crime Analysis.
- MS in Cybersecurity Management – Kaplan University – This program is designed to prepare you for leadership roles directing and protecting critical information infrastructures. You’ll study how to develop, implement, evaluate, and update the security policies and practices that help organizations respond effectively to cyber attacks.
- MS in Cybersecurity – Liberty University – Program will equip students to manage operations critical to ensuring the integrity of an organization’s cyberspace infrastructure.
- Master of Divinity – Grand Canyon University – offers comprehensive biblical and theological knowledge while developing skills necessary for effective Christian ministry. See more masters in divinity programs from accredited schools.
- Master of Arts in Economics – American University – This program brings you real-world analysis from today’s most relevant scholars, research institutes and international organizations – 100% online. The M.A. in Economics utilizes state-of-the-art statistical software Stata, to help you master economic research methods and policy analysis. It prepares you for a career in a variety of setting.
- Masters of Arts in Education – University of the Rockies – Learn to apply pedagogical models, frameworks, and approaches. Implement emerging technologies to provide for diverse learners. Evaluate assessment models for making ethical policy decisions.
- MS in Education – Kaplan University – Offers multiple specializations for new and existing teachers.
- Masters in Higher Education – Kaplan University – Offers multiple specializations including College Administration and Leadership, College Teaching, Online College Teaching, Student Affairs and more.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction – Southern New Hampshire University – This program can be taken alone or choose one of four concentration areas for added specialization and career enhancement options. Concentrations include education leadership, reading, special education and technology integration.
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership – Concordia University – Portland -Learn how to influence a collaborative work environment and gain management skills you can put to work in the public or private sector. Become a Community College Student Services Director or Subject Matter Department Chair, Education Advisor in the District Superintendent’s Cabinet, Education Lobbyist, or Corporate Trainer.
- Master of Education in Higher Education – Abilene Christian University – The online M.Ed. in Higher Education program is designed for working student development professionals who reside in a higher education setting and need advanced training, and for recent college graduates who have an interest in working in higher education.
- M.Ed. of Education Curriculum & Instruction – Southern New Hampshire University – Specializations available in Educational Leadership, Reading, Special Education, Technology.
- MS in Special Education – Autism – Saint Joseph’s University – The online MS in Special Education with an Autism Spectrum Disorders’ Endorsement focuses on appropriate assessment and research-based strategies, with emphasis on skill development and behavioral modification for students of all ages who have been diagnosed on the autism spectrum.
- M.Ed in Early Childhood Education – Grand Canyon University – This program for students seeking knowledge and expertise in the field of early childhood development and teaching. Licensure options available.
- M.Ed in Elementary Education – Grand Canyon University – (Leads to initial teacher licensure). This current and comprehensive masters in education degree program is designed for any individual interested in the education of children in Grades K8, and who is seeking teacher certification.
- M.Ed in Special Education – Grand Canyon University – (Leads to initial teacher licensure). Educational reforms and legislation regarding individuals with learning disabilities will contribute to an increased demand for Special Education Teachers.
- M.Ed in Educational Administration – Grand Canyon University – (Leads to initial teacher licensure). A sharp increase in responsibilities of educational administrators has simultaneously made the job more important and more challenging.
- MS Education in Inclusion Education – University of New England – This program is ideal for K-12 classroom teachers and administrators with critical theory and practice related to special education inclusion.
- MS in Education in Literacy K12 – University of New England – Ideal for those K-12 educators who wish to strengthen their classroom practice. Challenging areas of literacy, inclusion, and educational leadership build skills to implement solutions in and beyond the classroom.
- Master of Arts in English – Southern New Hampshire University – This program will provide a strong, in-depth foundation in British and American literary works, after which you can tailor the program to your interests. Traditional and nontraditional course topics in the master’s in English online range from Shakespeare, Victorian literature and the Renaissance to Romantic literature, American modernism, and gender and multi-ethnic studies.
- Master in Exercise Science: Clinical – Liberty University – Clinical prepares you to care for the physical needs of others in a health care setting through planning and testing.
- M.S. in Exercise Science: Nutrition – Liberty University – This program will prepare you to educate individuals on their overall health and help promote and preserve their physical well-being.
- MS in Finance – Kaplan University – Students have the option to choose from two areas of specialization to help you acquire professional expertise: financial analysis and financial planning. If you already have a bachelor’s degree and wish to advance your existing career or begin an exciting, new profession, this Masters in finance program could prepare you with the knowledge and skills to help you succeed
- MS in Finance – Southern New Hampshire University – This school has a long history of providing highly respected finance-related undergraduate and graduate degrees, having been founded as an accounting school in 1932.
- MHA In Healthcare Administration (Population Management, Senior Services, Data Management, Healthcare Strategies) – Maryville University Online – Designed to meet the growing demand for healthcare leadership, the Maryville online Master of Health Administration (MHA) can provide the specialized business skills to make your mark as a modern healthcare administrator.
- Master of Healthcare Administration – Kaplan University – After completion of this degree program, you may be prepared to pursue a range of leadership and management positions in governmental, nonprofit, and private organizations. The program is designed to help you find solutions to unique challenges facing individuals and communities.
- Master of Science Healthcare Administration – Liberty University – This program combines course material from the informatics, public health, and nursing disciplines.
- Master of Healthcare Administration – Abilene Christian University – This MHA program prepares you to inspire excellence, attain a shared vision, and achieve strategic goals as an effective healthcare leader.
- M.S. in Healthcare Administration – Grand Canyon University – This comprehensive and current degree program provides the skills and experience necessary to perform as middle- and upper-level managers in a variety of health care organizations, and to serve as innovative change agents and leaders of organizational improvement and adaptation within the health care industry.
- Executive Master of Healthcare Administration – Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University – This Masters in healthcare administration MHA program is for aspiring leaders with at least three years of clinical or administrative experience in the health care or health services industry. With the program’s interactive design, students learn from each other’s experience as much as they learn from faculty.
- MS in Health Administration – Saint Joseph’s University – Explore complex moral and ethical considerations that often dominate executive-level decision-making. From prenatal genetic testing to end-of-life care, students gain new perspective on proper health care administration at individual and policy-making levels.
- Masters of Healthcare Informatics – Kaplan University – This program helps prepare you to utilize information technology and information management concepts to improve the efficiency and quality of health care services.
- Master of Science Healthcare Informatics – Liberty University – Through this Masters in healthcare informatics program, you will increase your knowledge as a health professional in the rapidly changing health care technology field. You will graduate ready to meet the demand for leaders and managers in health informatics.
- MS Health Administration Informatics – Saint Joseph’s University – Developed for the modern, ever-evolving health care marketplace and delivered by experts in the field, this top-ranked program delivers proven, practical lessons for solving complex challenges in patient care. SJU Rankings • No. 11 College in the North U.S. News & World Report • A Best in the Northeast The Princeton Review Two Paths.
- MS Health Informatics – Jacksonville University – This program will help make you invaluable to employers by giving you the tools to bring them into compliance with regulations around electronic medical records. Ranked by America by U.S. News & World Report and fully accredited.
- MS in Health Health Informatics – University of New England Online – This program is designed to fit the schedules of busy working professionals. The 36-credit hour MSIN can be completed as quickly as two years, and the 18-credit hour GCIN in as few as 12 months. Ranked by America by U.S. News & World Report and fully accredited.
- MHA Healthcare Informatics – Capella University – This program integrates information science, computer science, social science, and health care to give you the skills and knowledge you need. Ideal for those looking to help an organization improve the overall quality of health care.
- Master of Health Informatics – University of Cincinnati – This program offers a curriculum perfectly balanced between information technology, patient care, and health. Business, healthcare, and IT professionals will be exposed to innovative technologies, project management, health law & ethics, data analytics, and business intelligence practices in a balanced effort between the expert faculty of UC’s College of Allied Health Sciences and College of Business.
- Masters of History – Southern New Hampshire University – This program will deepen your knowledge of the process of “making” history through analyzing historical scholarship, crafting written communications and defending the relevance of the past as it pertains to making informed decisions about the future.
- MS Human Resource Management – Southern New Hampshire University – In the master’s in human resources online program, you’ll learn to plan, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of HR programs and align these programs to the organization’s missions and goals.
- Masters of Arts in Human Services – University of the Rockies – Offers specializations in mental health administration, not-for-profit management and more. This degree program allows you to embody the values of the human service profession – its history, ethics, and professional standards. You will learn to guide the work of others while understanding the different values, goals, and lifestyles of service consumers and employees.
- MS in Human Services – Kaplan University – This program is designed to prepare students with the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a rewarding career in a wide variety of helping professions.
- MA in Human Services – Liberty University – Master of Arts in Human Services program with a concentration in Christian Ministries through offers courses to challenge you to examine human behavior in the ministry environment and focus on your core interests such as youth or student ministries.
- Masters in Information Technology – Kaplan University – This program is designed to teach you communication skills, critical thinking abilities, and technical competencies to help advance your career.
- MS in Information Technology – Southern New Hampshire University – This program is a vital tool in today’s competitive business environment. Organizations in every industry seek IT professionals who can think beyond traditional computer programming and basic technology expertise. Specialize in database design, internet security, software application development or web design. Find more masters in information tech programs online.
- Masters of Arts in Organizational Development and Leadership – University of the Rockies – This program shows you how to navigate through complex organizational systems, and apply psychological research to develop employees. Your coursework will include discovery and applications in areas such as: training and development, executive coaching, human resources, and assessment and measurement.
- MS Organizational Leadership – Southern New Hampshire University – The master’s in organizational leadership online program provides key knowledge and skills for effectively facilitating and managing change in the real world. Courses are designed to help you integrate what you learn in class with your professional work. Faculty members are leaders in the field and collaborate with professionals who are actively applying organizational leadership skills in the workplace. See more masters in leadership degree programs.
- MBA in Leadership – Grand Canyon University – This program prepares students to compete for critical leadership roles in current and future organizations through coursework that addresses leadership theory, problem solving, organizational leadership, self-leadership, and highly effective teams.
- Master of Science in Management – Abilene Christian University – Management specializations include Business Analytics, Human Resource Management, Information Technology Leadership, International Business, Marketing and Operations/Supply Chain Management.
- Master of Marriage Family Therapy – Abilene Christian University – In as few as 32 months—taking one seven-week course at a time—you can become an effective therapist as you apply theories and skills you are learning through direct hours with clients in a clinical internship, under the direction of an ACU faculty instructor and your site supervisor. Specialize in Child Therapy, Military Families, Trauma or Medical Family Therapy. See more Marriage and family therapy degree programs.
- Master’s of Marriage and Family Therapy — Touro University Worldwide — This graduate degree is 100% online and does not requiry any residency. Rated as a Best Counseling Degree for 2017.
- MS in Mental Health and Wellness – Grand Canyon University – Allows students to develop expertise in biological, social, cultural and spiritual factors that impact mental wellbeing. This degree path does not lead to licensure, but places students on track for broad integration of mental health concepts into their chosen field.
- Accelerated BSN to MSN – Kaplan University – If you are an RN and your career goals require earning a Bachelor of Science in Nursing AND a Master of Science in Nursing, consider the new RN-to-MS in Nursing option.
- Masters in Nursing – Kaplan University – This program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE),allows you to study online and prepare for career advancement in administrative, informatics, faculty, or staff development roles. MSN specializations available as Executive Leader or Nurse Educator.
- Master of Science in Nursing MSN – Liberty University – This program offers nurses the chance to advance their careers as nursing educators and/or administrators. The master’s degree in nursing at Liberty University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Masters of Nursing MSN – Capella University – Our accredited, fully online master’s degree programs are grounded in best academic and clinical practices and aligned to the needs of today’s nursing employers.
- Masters in Nursing MSN – Southern New Hampshire University – Prepares today’s nurses with the key competencies necessary for continuous improvement of the quality and safety of healthcare systems. You may choose to customize your degree and with specialty knowledge electives within the MSN or choose the Clinical Nurse Leader or patient quality and safety programs for specialized education needs that align to your desired career path.
- MSN in Nursing – Grand Canyon University – Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students. Choose from multiple MSN degree specializations such as Informatics, Informatics (Bridge), Nursing Education, Nursing Leadership, Public Health, Public Health (Bridge).
- RN to MSN – Nursing Informatics – Wilkes University – CCNE Accredited – RN to MS track allows experienced, practicing RNs with an associate’s degree (AAN or ASN) to earn a nursing-focused MS fully online in under three years – that’s less time than it takes to earn a BSN.
- RN to MSN – Nursing Education – Wilkes University – CCNE Accredited – The program coursework helps prepare program graduates to take the national certification exam leading to Nurse Educator Board Certification. Qualified students can choose our accelerated option and earn their MS in just two years!
- RN to MSN – Nurse Executive – Wilkes University – CCNE Accredited – This program also includes two management-focused practicums, totaling 250 clinical hours of experience for each course. A concluding scholarly review course allows students to synthesize and review issues relevant to the Nursing Executive concentration, and prepares graduates to take the national certification exam leading to Nurse Executive Board Certification.
- Online MSN Nurse Educator Degree – Ohio University – This program will allow you to acquire advanced knowledge of nursing theory and practice. Students who chose the Family Nurse Practitioner specialty achieved a 95% pass rate on the national certification exam.
- MSN – Womens Health Nurse Practitioner – University of Cincinnati – Ranked 23rd among the Best Online Graduate Education Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- MSN – Nurse Midwifery – University of Cincinnati – The MSN in Nurse-Midwifery can be completed in as few as 2 years, and graduates are eligible to sit for certification.
- MSN – Adult-Gerontology Primary Care NP – University of Cincinnati – This specialty is for the registered nurse interested in primary or specialty care. Students receive expert training in diagnosis, treatment, and management of acute and chronic illness in patients over the age of 13. RN Required.
- Master of Arts in Psychology – University of the Rockies – Offers multiple specializations in Psychology including Career Management and Counseling, Criminology and Justice Studies, Educational Leadership, General Psychology, Health and Wellness Psychology, Marriage, Couples and Family Counseling, Mental Health Counseling and Sports and Performance Psychology.
- Masters in Psychology – Kaplan University – This program is designed to enhance your knowledge in the area of emphasis that best fits your career and educational goals. You may select from one of three areas of specialization—general psychology, addictions, or applied behavior analysis.
- MS Psychology: Industrial/Organizational Psyh – Liberty University – You will learn how to apply psychological principles to areas such as human resources, marketing, sales, and business development.
- Masters in Psychology – Grand Canyon University – Choose from multiple Masters in Psychology specializations including forensic psychology, health psychology, human factors, life coaching, general, industrial/organizational.
- MS in Psychology – Child & Developmental Psych – Southern New Hampshire University – This eight-course core features classes in psychology research, measurement, ethics and more. The MS in Psychology degree culminates in a capstone and seminar, in which you’ll integrate all you’ve learned into a faculty- and peer-reviewed project centered on a contemporary issue in psychology.
- MS in Psychology – Industrial & Organizational Psych – Southern New Hampshire University – This program will allow you to adapt psychological theories and methods.
- Masters of Public Health MPH – Kaplan University – This program could prepare you to seek leadership and managerial positions in governmental, nonprofit, and private organizations in the public health industry.
- Master of Public Health: Global Health, Health Promotion or Nutrition – Liberty University – This is an applied science degree that focuses on epidemiology and biostatistics. It provides both knowledge and practical experience for those seeking a career in public health, including a required practicum designed to develop leadership ability and communication skills.
- Master of Public Health MPH – University of New England – This program is 100% online and accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). UNE’s innovative distance education format is designed to accommodate your demanding schedule by providing 24/7 access to curriculum wherever you are in the world. This flexibility allows you to pursue your degree while still managing work and family responsibilities.
- Masters of Public Health MPH – University of Nevada Reno – They teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
- Masters of Public Health – University of Arizona – Graduate from the No. 25 Best School of Public Health according to U.S News & World Report
- Masters of Public Health – University of Southern California – This program is designed to prepare the next generation of public health leaders. Offered through the highly regarded Department of Preventative Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, students in the program are directly connected to state-of-the-art facilities and the latest breakthrough research at this acclaimed institution.
- Master of Arts: Public Policy – Liberty University – Courses will equip you to serve effectively as an expert in the field of Public Policy.
- Masters of Public Administration – University of San Francisco – Students in the online MPA degree program examine the role of ethics in public service, learn to develop effective public policy, discover new ways to build strong partnerships and address the challenges of budgeting resources.
- Masters of Public Admin MPA – Norwich University – Choose one of our 8 specializations including Criminal Justice and Public Safety o International Development and Influence o Fiscal Management o Public Works and Sustainability o Nonprofit Management o Municipal Governance o Public Administration Leadership and Crisis Management o Policy Analysis and Analytics.
- Masters of Public Administration – Ohio University – The 100% online MPA from Ohio University’s Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs is a program that can help you bolster your passion for public service with the expertise to find solutions. Become an expert communicator. Learn to manage human resources and budgets.
- Global Comparative Public Administration MPA – University 0f Massachusetts Boston – This program educates a new generation of global public administrators and is targeted towards both working professionals and recent undergraduates seeking to develop administrative and analytical skills with a global comparative perspective.
- Master of Theology– Liberty University – Program provides advanced training beyond the Master of Divinity for individuals called to full-time Christian ministry.
- Masters in Social Work MSW – University of Southern California – The CSWE accredited MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere!
- Masters in Social Work MSW – Capella University – This program is in candidacy for CSWE accreditation, built to national standards and designed around advanced generalist practice licensing standards.
- MS in Sport Management – Liberty University – 36 hr program prepares students to work on the business side of the sports industry. Graduates of this specialized marketing degree will be equipped to manage the sales, promotion, and advertising of athletic organizations or products.
- MS in Public Relations – Liberty University – This program helps perfect students’ public relations writing, communications, research, and leadership skills, preparing them to become qualified, professional business executives.
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12) – Kaplan University –
- MA in Teaching – Elementary, Secondary or Special – Liberty University – In addition to taking core courses, you will study math, natural sciences, language acquisition and reading skills as part of your student teaching requirement in the area in which you are seeking licensure.
- Master of Arts in Teaching – USC Rossier School of Education – This MAT degree program prepares aspiring and current teachers as well as organizational leaders to achieve positive outcomes in a range of educational settings.
- Master of Arts in Teaching – TESOL – USC Rossier School of Education – With a curriculum focused on TESOL pedagogy, this program prepares educators to teach non-native English speakers in culturally responsive learning settings. Students explore the foundations of English-language teaching and put theory into practice with a field experience in a TESOL setting.
Benefits of a Online Masters Degree
Many professionals and students choose to earn a master’s degree today due to the facts that there are more job possibilities and higher salary potential with an advanced degree.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median wage for workers with only a bachelor’s degree at 25 and older was $56,000, while for those with a master’s degree it was $68,000.
Because the financial benefits of earning a master’s degree are clear, many make the choice to go back to school every year. And today, many students and full time professionals decide to earn their master’s degree online.
Earning a master’s degree online has many advantages over campus based programs, including:
Learn From Your Home
Regular graduate students have to squeeze on campus classes into their busy work and personal lives. Many students who take classes on campus most move or commute long distances. Some of those students are taking evening classes at a faraway campus after a long day at work.
An online master’s degree allows you the flexibility of earning your degree in your home. You do not usually need to travel to the campus and you do not need to move. Most classes can be completed online, although some online programs in some specialties do have required on campus sessions from time to time.
Time savings is not the only thing you enjoy with an online master’s. You also save money as you do not need to spend money on gas and wear and tear on your vehicle.
Lower Tuition Costs
The cost of graduate school continues to go up, and some on campus programs can cost tens of thousands of dollars per year. Many online master’s programs are less expensive than the on campus version of the same degree. There are now some online master’s degrees from quality schools in some fields that are available for less than $10,000.
You may also spend less on your graduate program because taking the program online means you have far more options to consider for your education. You can often compare dozens of different online master’s programs in some fields. Choose the one that suits your educational pursuits the best, and that fits your budget.
An online master’s degree offers the student a high degree of flexibilty. You can often complete your graduate classes whenever you like. Many workers prefer the great flexibility of online programs so they can fulfill their work and personal obligations more easily.
For maximum flexibility in your online master’s program, we recommend you consider a program that has mostly asynchronous courses. This simply means that your classes are taken by you individually, on your schedule. An asynchronous class schedule lets you do your classwork whenever you like.
On the other hand, you can also choose a program with a synchronous format. This type has live online classes that you are required to attend at set times. You would need to attend the live classes with your classmates, and complete your homework and other educational requirements on your own time.
Individual Learning Experience
Taking your classes online allows you to have complete control over what you learn. All of the program materials are available online, so it is a simple matter to review your class lessons and homework as often as you need to do so. In fact, many students today are so accustomed to interacting online that they prefer the online class format over traditional classes. Class discussions are usually done via message boards and chat. You can contact your professor or instructor by email and even Skype.
More University Choices
So many graduate students have had to make compromises over the years as they choose their school and program. Some students have had to settle for university that was near their home, while another school and program further away may have been more suitable.
With an online master’s degree, you are fully in charge of your educational and career destiny. You can find many online master’s programs throughout the US and world in most fields. This is especially important with graduate programs, which are usually far more specialized than bachelor’s programs.
For example, if you want to earn a master’s degree in psychology, there are many subspecialties from which you will need to choose. But what if the program in your city does not have the speciality you want? With an online master’s program, you should be able to find the right program with the right mix of electives and specialities to suit your goals.
More Class Discussions
A big advantage of online programs generally is the enhanced class discussions that are available online. Most master’s programs have classes with online discussion forums for students.
This offers you a much better opportunity to trade detailed points of view with people in your program. This opportunity means you will be able to learn more in the program, as your classmates can be a great learning resource as well as your professors.
Discussion forums also allow students to intensely focus on the course content in a group format. Students will often come into the forum to analyze and discuss the readings and assignments. This can be beneficial for students who are more reluctant to speak in a regular classroom.
Improved Information Retention
A good online master’s program takes total advantage of multimedia and social media to help you to retain more critical information. The ability to watch live or taped lectures and webinars and interact with others online can increase your ability to remember information that you need for your career.
There is a scientific basis for this claim. Multimedia tools have been shown in clinical studies to improve memory retention in our brains. This happens because multimedia presentations and information gives us strong sensory cues that make us remember better. Most learners find that a highlighted page in a textbook cannot be remembered as well as a multimedia presentation or infographic of the same information.
If an online master’s program is delivered properly, you will enjoy many educational benefits, savings and conveniences that most traditional master’s programs cannot match. Use our website to assist you in your search in the best, online, no GRE master’s program to further your career.
- How to Choose a Graduate Degree Online
- 50 Best Careers to Get with a Master’s Degree
- Graduate Certificate vs Masters Degree
- Undergraduate vs Graduate Degree: What are the Differences
- List of 8 Accredited Self Paced Online Colleges
- How to Graduate Early and Get Into the Workforce
- Synchronous vs Asynchronous Classes
- Accreditation for Online Graduate Education