- Southern New Hampshire University SNHU: Choose from over 200 online graduate programs offered by this non-profit, accredited university. NO GMAT or GRE required! SNHU has a tradition of excellence and a proven success rate – 95 percent of their students are employed upon graduation.
- Johns Hopkins University - Carey School of Business: Online Master of Business Administration.
- George Mason University: Master of Business Administration (MBA) Online.
This site is designed to allow visitors to see just what it takes to become a counselor and what it takes to earn a master’s degree in counseling. This site caters to those students that want to complete a degree in counseling and just need a little help in the right direction.
Visitors will be able to see just what goes into one of these degrees and can learn about job demand, course work they may encounter and more.
You will also learn just what make this degree worthwhile and what skills you will need to learn in order to be successful in this degree program. You will learn what it takes to succeed and what you can expect when enrolling in this degree program.
Skills that a Master’s Degree in Counseling will Sharpen:
- Public Speaking
Students can always request free information about the program and universities that offer this degree program. We are happy that you have stopped at our site and thank you for your visit. If there is anything we can do to help you on your journey please let up know.
Master’s in Counseling Overview
This degree is a completely rewarding program that will help those that enter into this degree path to become caring individuals. The degree will help cover a wide range of topics and will help hone skills that students did not even know they had. This degree program makes it possible for students to enter a wide range of career fields that will not only help their own self image but the image of those that they work with.
This degree program most often focuses on the metal health side of counseling and how people deal with every day issues. This program will help students to understand what it takes to work through major crisis and how to help others to understand and use their own feelings to further their ambitions and their own lives.
This degree program often takes the time to discuss new methods, new techniques, and even new methods for treatment and counseling.
Online Master’s in Counseling
There are hundreds of universities that are offering online degree programs that can be earned from your own home. This means you can learn on your own time and that you can get the degree that you want and deserve without having to be stuck going to a traditional university. There are tons of degree programs that you can choose from and that can help you to the career path that you want and need.
Here are some suggested online programs that will help you attain the degree you need.
Reasons to Earn a Master’s in Counseling
This degree program leads to a career in a job field that is completely rewarding for those that choose to be a part of it. Not only can you learn about yourself with this job field, you can also learn about others while helping others deal with issues and crisis in their own lives.
This is truly a life changing field that can help make a difference in the lives of everyone that comes in contact with them. If you are looking for a career that changes the way people live, this is a fantastic career field to get into. For those that want to make a change and want to positively affect the lives of the people they come in contact with every day, this is a job field that is going to work for you.
On top of being able to help change the lives of those that you work with, the average salary of a counselor as stated by the Bureau of Statistics is about $50,670 a year.
There are a wide range of classes that you will be taking to complete this degree and they are all courses that will help enrich your own life and your own education. Here are some courses you can expect to take.
- Mental Health
- Basic Counseling Course
- Medical Terminology
- Therapy Courses
There are a few requirements that are needed to get into this program and in most cases you need to have some sort of background or existing degree in counseling. Though it is not always the case, it is always helpful to have a background or a four year degree in the field in which you want to enter. You need to have some classes that can help you complete this degree and in some cases you may even need practical experience.
Counseling Career Outlook
There are plenty of career options upon graduating with this degree and each is as rewarding as the last. You can take up any of these careers and make a difference in the lives of the people that you see each and every day.
- Drug/Substance Abuse Counselor – This is a career that can truly change the lives of the people that you are speaking with. You will be required to speak with people that are in crisis and that truly need your help and you can make a real difference in their lives. This is a very rewarding career that can truly be worthwhile. The average salary is about $40,000 per year.
- Mental Health Counselor – This is another career choice where you can really make a difference. This is a career where you can help people learn how to overcome their obstacles and really make a new life for themselves. The average salary for this career is about $41,000 per year.
- Guidance Counselor – This is a career where you can really shape new minds and help students discover what they want to do with their lives. This is a wonderful career path that can make a huge difference in the lives of the students that you speak with. The average pay for this career is about $50,000 per year.
- Counselor in a Medical Setting – This is again a career that can make a great deal of change in the lives of those you work with. This career can help make the lives of those that come to you so much better and can really help you to make a great change in the lives of those you work with. The average salary of this career changes depending on where you are employed but is around $50,000 per year on average.
Master’s in Counseling Financial Aid
There are plenty of options when it comes to financial aid and scholarships to help you achieve your goal.
- Martin-Thacker Scholarship
- The Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) awards grants
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Predoctoral Fellowship.
- Elizabeth Munsterberg Koppitz Fellowship
- The Esther Katz Rosen Graduate Student Fellowship
Resources for Counseling Students
- Why Get a Masters in Counseling Psychology
- 4 Best Salary & Jobs with an MFT Degree
- How to Get a Masters in Mental Health Counseling
- 50 Amazing Things You Can Do with a PsyD Degree
- Best & Different Types of Psychology Degrees
- 50 Best Careers to Get with a Master’s Degree
- How to Get a MFT Degree + No GRE Options